Prof Yun Bai
Professor of Construction Materials
Dept of Civil, Environ &Geomatic Eng
Faculty of Engineering Science
- Joined UCL
- 1st Feb 2012
Featured with ‘industry driven and interdisciplinary’, Professor Yun Bai developed his research at the interface between materials science and engineering applications, with a research scale ranging from macro-level to micro- and meso- levels. His current research activities mainly lie in the area of: 1) novel, low-carbon and low-energy cementitious materials; 2) durability of concrete structures; and 3) immobilisation of nuclear wastes using cementitious materials.
- Materials II: Concrete Technology (CEGE0011) - Year 2
- Civil Engineering Materials (CEGE0024) - Year 3
Professor Yun Bai joined UCL as a Senior Lecturer in Materials in February 2012 and then promoted to Reader in Materials in October 2014 and Professor of Construction Materials (Chair in Construction Materials) in October 2018. Prior to his appointment at UCL, he worked as a Civil Engineer in Ningxia Transport Department in China between 1993-2000, a PDRA in The Immobilisation Science Laboratory (ISL) at Sheffield University between 2004-2007, a Lecturer in Civil Engineering at Queen's University Belfast between 2007-2011. He is an elected Fellow of The UK Higher Education Academy (FHEA), The Institute of Concrete Technology (FICT) and The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (FIMMM).
• 2011: Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching (PGCHET), Queen’s University Belfast, U.K.
• 2004: Ph.D, Queen’s University Belfast, U.K.
• 2004: MSc in Computing and Information Systems, University of Ulster, U.K. (part-time course)
• 1993: BEng in Building Material Science and Engineering, Chongqing University, China