Dr Ramin Okhrati
Lecturer in Digital Finance
Dept of Civil, Environ &Geomatic Eng
Faculty of Engineering Science
- Joined UCL
- 1st Sep 2019
- Financial Mathematics, in particular, topics related to Credit Risk, Hedging, Pricing, and Risk Management
- Machine Learning in Finance
- Financial Technologies and Insurtech
- Stochastic Analysis in Finance, in particular, applications of stochastic processes and risk measures in credit risk modelling.
- Monetary System and Digital Finance
- Finance and Artificial Intelligent
My background is in Mathematical Finance having a BSc, an MSc, and a PhD in Mathematics (more specifically Applied Probability) with concentration in Actuarial and Finance. Before joining UCL, I worked at the Mathematical Sciences of the University of Southampton (from 2013 to 2019) and a held a one year postdoctoral fellowship (2012 to 2013) at the Financial and Actuarial Mathematics group of Vienna University of Technology in Austria.
Currently, I am the program director of MSc in Banking and Digital Finance and a full-time faculty member of UCL Institute of Finance and Technology (IFT). Administratively, the programme sits under the UCL Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering.
The aim of IFT is to provide leadership and training for future financial and business leaders in a fast-paced, fairer world. IFT creates a continuum between research, teaching and entrepreneurship through the creation of a new space for learning and co-creating. The Institute intends to provide an arena offering unequalled opportunities to combine applied research, innovative finance and entrepreneurial creativity in a learning environment.
For more information about our research and activities at IFT, visit our website at: