Dr Bani Anvari
Dept of Civil, Environ &Geomatic Eng
Faculty of Engineering Science
- Joined UCL
- 29th Jan 2018
Dr Bani Anvari is the research leader of the Intelligent Mobility Group and Director of IM Lab at UCL (IM @UCL). She is interested in the complexity of interactions and how intuitive, intelligent, human-centric and personalised control systems can influence it. Over the last 10 years, her research focus has been on Intelligent Mobility, with an emphasis on exploring driver and pedestrian interaction with semi- and fully-autonomous vehicles in different contexts (e.g., shared spaces, CAVs), an area of application that significantly benefits from Robotics and AI.
She is lecturing and coordinating two modules offered on UCL/Imperial College London's joint Transport MSc routes:
- Transport Engineering and Operations (T3 / XIMP0005 / CIVE97118)
- Road Traffic Theory and its Application (T8 / XIMP0008 / CIVE97123)
She is also lecturing "Theory of Traffic FLow" on MSc Mathematical Modelling at UCL.
- Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy | 2014
- University College London
- Other higher degree, Master of Science | 2009
- First Degree, Bachelor of Engineering | 2008