Safety and Security
Actions and procedures relating to how the Department is responding to the coronavirus pandemic can be found on our COVID information page.
The following sections are a condensed version of certain topics in the Safety Handbook, to address the most common safety questions. Use the links below to find out more about our polices and be part of creating a more safe UCL.
- Safety Committee
The Safety Comittee meets every two months to discuss safety related issues. Please find the Terms of Reference below.
- Safety Objectives - 2022/2023
For 2022/2023 the safety objectives for the department are:
- Safety Training: The department to organise relevant safety trainings for suitable staff and researchers on a variety of topics by October 2022.
- Safety Action Plan: All groups to have a Safety Action Plan by October 2022.
- General Lab Risk Assessments: All laboratories in the department to have a good quality general risk assessment by January 2023.
- Pilot SharePoint System for Risk Assessments: A pilot SharePoint system for risk assessments will be set-up with help from the department for one lab by February 2022.
- Grab Packs: All labs to have a "Grab Packs" set up with help from the department by March 2023.
The UCL Health and Safety Objectives for 2021/2022 can be found on this webpage.