Explore what our graduates go on to do and the variety of possible career paths.
You might be considering UCL as a prospective student, be part way through your degree or perhaps you have already graduated. Whatever your situation, you will find interest in discovering what UCL alumni have gone on to do following their degree.
UCL student 'destinations'
Find out what sectors, jobs and employers our graduates go into six months after they leave UCL to understand just some of the potential options to you.
- Search by department, level of study, individual degree course and more.
- The Discover Uni website provides information on universities including employment and destinations, student satisfaction and entry requirements. It also allows you to compare course data for different institutions.
- Graduate labour market job sector overviews/job profiles
- Many departments will provide information about alumni, links with professional associations and typical career paths in the information they provide for prospective students. You can find this by specific degree programme or by subject area using the UCL Prospectus.
Come to an event
We organise a wide range of events where you can find out what previous UCL graduates have gone on to do, with alumni often coming back as employers.
- Career Essentials programme (Repeated throughout the year) A series of Careers Consultant led talks aimed at all students and recent graduates which includes different sessions on writing job or PhD applications amongst other topics.
- Employer-led skills sessions (Autumn and Spring terms) A series of employer-led Q&A panels and interactive workshops which cover writing applications generally plus sessions on how to provide evidence of specific skills when applying for jobs.
- Sector-specific recruitment fairs (Autumn Term only) A chance to network with large numbers of major graduate recruiters from a specific sector to get insider tips on improving your applications.
- Jobs market (Summer Term only) A chance to network with large numbers of major graduate recruiters from a variety of different sectors at one event to ask about applications tips.
- Employer presentations (Autumn and Spring Terms) Talks by individual companies about their current vacancies which will usually include tips on what they're looking for and how to ensure your application stands out.
- Sector themed weeks (Autumn and Spring Terms) Network with professionals from a range of sectors popular with UCL students to learn more about what makes a successful application for that sector.