Institute of Cardiovascular Science
The UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science was set up in 2011 and aims to be a world-class centre of excellence in pioneering novel, integrative strategies in preventative and therapeutic cardiovascular medicine.
Based in the UCL Faculty of Population Health Sciences, the UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science brings together basic and clinical scientists from UCL and expert clinicians from UCL partner hospitals.
We offer a range of courses; iBSc in Cardiovascular Science, MSc in Cardiovascular Science, Research Degrees and short courses.
Our staff conduct research in:
News & Events
- 3rd UCL Cardiovascular Network Meeting – 16th Oct 2017
- ICS Junior Faculty launches support initiative for Grant Review Process
- Cardiovascular Gene Annotation Newsletter August 2017
- Professor Perry Elliott becomes Cardiomyopathy UK’s next President
- Prof Lucie Clapp wins the AstraZeneca Prize for Women in Pharmacology
- ICS Staff Survey 2017 - Results
The Institute of Cardiovascular Science has many established relationships with Industry to identify unmet clinical needs, create innovative solutions through collaboration, and to facilitate cost-effective R&D processes. We are happy to discuss potential academic-industry collaborations and strategic partnerships for the future.
groups may wish to either visit UCL Enterprise and their partners or contact us for further
We have about 160 members of staff and 40 research
students who are based in different research centres across the
Bloomsbury campus and in UCL partner hospitals.
Helpful information and resources for staff on our Intranet pages