Hands-on cardiac morphology courses. New 2019 Dates
- Friday18th - Sunday 20th January
- Friday 22nd - Sunday 24th February
- Wednesday 10th - Friday 12th April
- Wednesday 12th - Friday 14th June
- Wednesday 17th - Friday 19th July
- Wednesday 14th - Friday 16th August
- Saturday 17th August 2019 – Cardiac Morphology Study Day for Nurses & Allied Health Professionals
- Wednesday 23rd - Friday 25th October
- Wednesday 4th - Friday 6th December
Registration for these courses is now open via the link below:
Would you like to know how to analyse congenital defects in a logical and stepwise manner?
This 3-day course is suitable for all those wishing to improve their knowledge of structural heart disease (congenital heart malformations) from fetal life to adulthood. Information will be built up from analysis of normal anatomy & simple defects to more complex morphology and is suitable for a wide range of disciplines.
Those with limited background knowledge may find it useful to visit our website and preview the hands-on course material (see FAQs below)
20% discount of Standard ticket price for UCL or GOSH employees.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this 3-day course is to allow for didactic teaching followed by small group, object-based learning and discussion about a wide range of structural heart lesions.
By the end of the course, participants should be comfortable with the anatomy of major groups of congenital heart malformation and be able to analyse hearts in a sequential segmental fashion.
Programme outline – full details here
DAY1: Approach to analysis, In-depth normal anatomy, ASD, VSD, AVSD
DAY2: Arterial abnormalities: Tetralogy, DORV, TGA, CCTGA, Arterial valvar lesions
DAY3: Complex disease: Isomerism, Functionally Univentricular Hearts, Anomalies of the Aortic Arch
- What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?The course location is well served by the London Transport network. Closest tube stations are Russell Square, Holborn or Euston
- What pre-course reading should I plan to do?You will be given a printed course booklet at the event but can also request access to this electronically following registrationYou may also wish to review video recordings under the 'Lecture archive/Hands-on reference material'
For information on all other planned courses please contact Dr Andrew Cook
Other courses with significant morphology components:
- GOSH Hands-on Echo Course Part 2: Echo Assessment of Complex Congenital Heart Disease – 23-24th March 2019
- 5th European Transoesophageal Echocardiography Course on Congenital Heart Disease – 28-29th March 2019