The BASc Society is the BASc student society and is responsible for student social events and inviting guest lecturers to early evening seminars. Positions available in the society include:
- President – in consultation with fellow Officers, takes an overview of how the Society should run, draws up a Society constitution and is present at Society events and seminars.
- Vice-President – supports and stands in for the President when s/he is not available (e.g. to attend meetings and events).
- Treasurer – organises the collection of subscriptions and / or collects and raises funds in advance of events and for the Common Room Committee.
- Events Team – suggests ideas and venues for events, invites speakers to give seminars, organises seasonal outings, debates or sporting activities, summer picnic etc.
- Common Room Committee – see below for details.
For the 2017/18 academic year, your BASc Society members are:
|Vice-President:||Sixtine Aymen de Lageard|
|Head of Events:||Sophie Large|
|Director of Communications:||TBC|
Common Room Committee
The Common Room Committee is a sub-committee of the BASc Society and is comprised of the BASc Society Officers and / or other co-opted Society members.
They are responsible for the general running of the common room including the keep tidy rota, advising on fixtures and fittings and the operation of the kitchen kitty.