The Departmental Administrator, Angela Vaughn, is the first point of contact for enquiries about:
- Module Changes
- Seminar Amendments (for BASc-coded modules only)
- Extenuating Circumstances applications
- Absence reporting
Angela can be contacted at
Students should contact their Personal Tutor about the following:
- Advice on module selection
- Pastoral help (issues that are having a minor effect on their studies - i.e. not likely to require an interruption of studies, withdrawal from degree programme, or have a major impact on exams/coursework)
- Advice on course requirements and regulations
- Reference requests
Contact details for Personal Tutors can be found under ‘Academic Staff’
Students should contact the Departmental Tutor, Dr Graham Woodgate, about the following:
- Changes to registration status (requests to change degree programmes, interrupt studies, withdraw from their degree programme).
- Pastoral issues that are likely to have a major effect on their studies (perhaps requiring an interruption of studies, alternative assessment, an extended absence from UCL, etc.)
- When referred to the Departmental Tutor by their Personal Tutor / BASc office.
- If the student has an issue which they feel hasn't been adequately addressed by their Personal Tutor.
Graham can be contacted at .
BASc students can also contact their Academic Representative about matters they would like discussed at the Staff-Student Consultative Committee.
The Study Abroad Officer, Elena Méndez-Piedra Paredes, is the first point of contact for enquiries about:
- Switching onto or off of the year abroad option for your degree
- Questions about your application to your host institution
- Any issues you might have whilst on your year abroad
- Questions or concerns you might have before or after your year abroad
You can find more information about studying abroad at: and you can contact Elena at .