Find out more about the scholarships available for applicants wishing to study at the UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources.
Applications are now open for:
Bartlett Promise Master's Scholarship
This scholarship aims to enable students from backgrounds underrepresented in The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment to pursue master's studies at The Bartlett. The Scholarships will cover full tuition fees plus an allowance to cover living and study expenses (£15,364), for the normal duration of the programme at UCL. All Promise scholars will also receive on-going academic and career support during their study.
Ten scholarships are available to students starting September 2021. We are also offering up to three additional scholarships with the Aziz Foundation for British Muslim students and those who work to support the British Muslim community.
- Eligibility criteria for September 2021¹
The Bartlett Promise aims to enable students from backgrounds which are underrepresented in The Bartlett, to pursue postgraduate master’s studies at The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment.
- be UK domiciled with home fee status or be a forced migrant (as defined by UCL)
- have an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme for study in 2021/22 and
- must not have completed a master’s at UCL or anywhere else previously.
In addition to these, for The Bartlett Promise - Aziz Foundation scholarship candidates must:
- identify as a British Muslim and/or
- work to support British Muslim communities
Candidates must also meet at least one of the additional criteria:
- be in financial need as assessed by UCL²
- be from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background³
- be from a Gypsy, Roma or Traveller community⁴
- have a disability⁴
- be a care leaver⁴
- have care responsibilities
- be first generation in family to attend university at undergraduate level
- be first generation in family to attend university at postgraduate level
1 Eligibility criteria for 2022/23 and beyond may differ
2 With an assessed household income of less than £42,875
3 We define BAME as those of a non-white heritage and individuals of mixed-heritage who self-identify as coming from a BAME background
4 Underrepresented groups in Higher Education
Apply for the Bartlett Promise Scholarship
GREAT Scholarships for a Sustainable Future
UCL's GREAT Scholarships for a Sustainable Future are funded by British Council and UCL. The aim is to widen access to climate change courses and create a cohort of spokespeople for positive change.
One £10,000 (1 year) scholarship is available for a citizen of Egypt holding an offer on any Masters programme within The UCL Bartlett School of Environment Energy & Resources (BSEER), to which the UCL Institute for Sustainable Resrouces belongs.