Bartlett Walks - Call for Proposals
18 February 2019
The Bartlett is seeking proposals from current PhD students to lead London-based interdisciplinary group walks during September-November 2019.
Walks can be site-focussed, or explore a thematic approach through the lens of a particular area.
Bartlett Walks aim to:
- Create a space for students from across the faculty to interact;
- Encourage exploration of London from different disciplinary perspectives;
- Share knowledge and appreciation of different aspects and areas of London;
- Provide PhD students with experience of engagement and outreach.
Your proposal should be no more than 2 sides of A4, and should include:
- Tentative route map
- Brief discussion of themes and sites to be discussed
- Why you feel this would be of interest to Bartlett students
- Your full name and Bartlett section (eg. DPU).
Walks should be roughly 1.5 hours in duration, and will be open to up to 20 postrgraduate students from the Bartlett.
Walk leaders will be paid for 4 hours work at £12.88p/h (inclusive of London weighting), in line with UCL payscales. You may apply to lead more than one walk.
To submit a proposal, please send a statement covering the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 22nd March.
Students on Tier 4 visas are welcome to apply, however you must ensure that you work no more than 20 hours in any 7 day period. You will be required to fill in a time sheet to calculate your total hours worked in this and any other employment.