We're hiring: Communications and Events Officer
10 February 2022
We are seeking a Communications and Events Officer to join our team, supporting the digital communications and events of our sustainability-focussed Institutes.
UCL Department / Division: Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources
Location of position: London
Hours: Full Time (Job share considered)
Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £29,802 - £34,867 per annum
Closing Date: 18 May 2022
Latest time for the submission of applications: 23:59
Interview date: TBC
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Communications and Events Officer to join our team at The Bartlett School of Environment Energy and Resources, supporting the digital communications and events for our sustainability-focussed Institutes.
The post holder will work with the School’s Communications and Marketing Manager to provide proactive support for the School’s communications, marketing and events, taking the lead for two Institute’s digital communications and events.
Applicants should have experience using content management systems to update websites, using social media to promote an organisation, project, or campaign, as well as experience organising and running events.
The role requires excellent written communication and IT skills, with the ability to tailor content and identify the right digital platforms to reach different audiences.
Successful candidates will be able to work independently, proactively, and as part of a team, taking a flexible approach to changing priorities.
- A job description and person specification can be accessed using this link.
- To apply for this vacancy click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the page.
- If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have specific questions about the role please contact Communications and Marketing Manager Maija Powell email@example.com
- The UCL Ways of Working for professional services supports colleagues to be successful and happy at UCL through sharing expectations around how we work .
- We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.
- We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
- Our Faculty holds an Athena SWAN Silver award, in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality.
- This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.
- Please use these links to find out more about UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.