We're hiring: Staffing Administrator
25 January 2021
The Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources have an exciting opportunity for a Staffing Administrator to provide a comprehensive and effective HR and Staffing Service to all members of staff within the school.
UCL Department / Division: Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources
Location of position: London
Hours: Full Time
Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £29,152 - £34,153 per annum
Closing Date: 7 Feb 2021
Latest time for the submission of applications: 23:59
Interview date: 16 February 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will provide a comprehensive and effective HR and Staffing Service to all members of staff within the school. The post holder will ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to HR policies and procedures as well as offering advice to staff on appropriate staffing procedures in matters relating to probations, appraisals, recruitment and selection.
This is a busy role, in a fast-paced environment, and the post holder is expected to acquire and assimilate information effectively on UCL HR policy, and demonstrate diplomacy and tact when dealing with confidential information.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with demonstrated use of initiative and able to produce high levels of accuracy and attention to detail. Experience of providing excellent customer service including problem resolution is essential. Prior HR & Payroll experience with knowledge of HR and recruitment databases is also desirable.
- A job description and person specification can be accessed using this link.
- To apply for this vacancy click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the page.
- If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact Liz Milner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The UCL Ways of Working for professional services supports colleagues to be successful and happy at UCL through sharing expectations around how we work – please see www.ucl.ac.uk/ways-of-working to find out more.
- We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.
- We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
- Our department holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award, in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality.
- This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.
- Please use these links to find out more about UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.