The MSc in Spatial Data Science and Visualisation is both a taught degree and a pathway to a PhD or career in data science, GIS or visualisation.
Note: The deadline for applications to this programme for 2021/22 entry is now 31 May 2021.
The MSc is a new taught degree, training students in cutting edge theory and techniques around data science, visualisation, GIS and virtual environments and can lead to PhD study or a career in spatial data science, GIS or visualisation. We develop research in emerging computer technologies in geography, space, location and the built environment.
Our interdisciplinary research centre draws expertise from archaeology, architecture, cartography, computer science, environmental science, geography, geomatic engineering, neuroscience, planning, remote sensing and transport studies.
CASA often has associated students in other departments. This structure generates a unique blend of knowledge, which forms the core of the MSc.
About the course
A unique focus on analysis, mapping and visualisation, pulling together the latest research in urban form, functionality and communication.
Recent changes in the rise of web-based technologies and the abundance of sophisticated, packages mean graduates need a broader understanding of data that extends beyond specific software tools.
The MSc reflects this change, teaching technologies and methods that deliver the skills required for future professionals and policymakers interested in data, space, architecture and geography.
It aims to provide:
- social and spatial research principles and skills training
- a strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodology and methods of data collection and analysis, to support and enable independent and group research projects
Why choose The Bartlett?
- located within the UK’s largest multidisciplinary faculty of the built environment, in one of the world’s top universities
- based in central London, close to world-leading architectural, engineering and creative practices, many of whom are partners
- host to students from over 40 nations, many of them among the most sought-after in the world for their drive, creativity, and skills