CASA has a world-leading PhD programme. Many CASA alumni now have successful academic careers, or have become key advisors to government and industry.
The programme is intensive as we encourage students to contribute to our research community alongside taking any taught courses they may wish to.
Why choose The Bartlett?
- located within the UK’s largest multidisciplinary faculty of the built environment, in one of the world’s top universities
- based in central London, close to world-leading architectural, engineering and creative practices, many of whom are partners
- host to students from over 40 nations, many of them among the most sought-after in the world for their drive, creativity, and skills
About the course
The research degrees of PhD and MPhil are awarded for the most advanced level of study available at UCL. The aim is to make an original contribution to knowledge, leading to the enhancement of academe and practice.
We usually expect applicants to have a Masters degree in a relevant subject. Suitable subjects include:
- Computer Science
We also ask for a research proposal as part of the application process. This should be a close match to the expertise and interests of the potential supervisors.
Funding for PhD research is extremely competitive, so we can only rarely offer scholarships. When funding is available it will be advertised and we would be happy to work with applicants to secure their own funding from other sources.
- Find out more about the programme's structure, the staff that will act as your supervisors, and the facilities UCL has to offer
- For core course information, including how to apply, head to our programme overview page