Our selection of financial awards benefit both students and staff from The Bartlett Faculty and The Bartlett School of Architecture.
- Undergraduate scholarships
We currently have four undergraduate scholarships within architecture for undergraduate students:
- The Bartlett Promise provides cross-faculty scholarships for ten undergraduate students from under-represented backgrounds, worth a total of £1.2 million.
- The Bartlett School of Architecture Scholarship provides full support with tuition fees for one Architecture BSc student each academic year for the full three years of the programme. It is awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
- The Derwent London Scholarship provides full support for tuition fees and estimated living costs for the first four years of study of the five-year programme Architecture MSci, the final year of which is undertaken in practice, for a student commencing study in 2020. It is awarded on the basis on financial need and academic merit.
- The Interdepartmental Engineering and Architectural Design Scholarship provides full support with tuition fees for one Engineering & Architectural Design MEng student each academic year for the full four years of the programme. It is awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
Applicants who are called for interview will be sent details of eligibility and how to apply to all of the above which apply to their application.
- Architecture MArch (ARB/RIBA Part 2) funding
Eligible full-time UK and EU students may be eligible for undergraduate student support from your funding provider for both RIBA Part 1 and RIBA Part 2.
- Architecture MArch (ARB/RIBA Part 2) bursaries
The school offers several sponsored bursaries for Architecture MArch (ARB/RIBA Part 2) students to contribute to their living costs.
Applicants who have accepted an offer will be emailed details of these opportunities in the summer preceding their entry to the programme. Current sponsors of these bursaries include Rogers, Stirk, Harbour + Partners, Hawkins\Brown and Kohn Pedersen Fox.
- Master's and PhD scholarships
The Bartlett has launched The Bartlett Promise for Master's and PhD students. UK domiciled students with home fee status are eligible to apply.
Further scholarships and funding opportunities are available from The Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment.
Ad-hoc and programme-specific awards
Details of programme-specific awards may also be given on the pages of the programme to which you are applying. If in doubt, please contact the programme director using the details given on the course pages.
Enrolled students will receive details of ad-hoc opportunities, such as additional travel bursaries, as they arise.
- Travel awards
There are a number of Bartlett travel awards and scholarships that undergraduate students can apply for.
- Architecture Projects Fund & Architecture Research Fund
PhD students and staff are eligible to apply to two internal funds to carry out projects and research. Details are emailed to staff and students, and applications are invited on a rolling basis.
- The Bartlett Doctoral Funding
The Bartlett faculty offers several funds for graduate students.
Architecture students can expect to incur additional costs as part of their programme; however, the school aims to minimise these where possible. All students work differently so costs incurred depend on the approach they take to the brief given. The school encourages students to use recycled materials in their models and presentations – not only is it sustainable, but also cost effective and potentially innovative. The school also offers subsidies for exhibition costs.
To find out estimated costs for your chosen degree programme, visit the programme page via the UCL prospectuses:
- UCL Undergraduate Prospectus
- UCL Graduate Prospectus: Taught Degrees
- UCL Graduate Prospectus: Research Degrees
UCL offers a range of financial awards aimed at assisting both prospective and current students with their studies.
- For details of scholarships and bursaries available across UCL, visit the UCL Scholarships and Funding pages.
- For information about tuition fees, financial support and managing your money, visit the UCL Fees and Funding pages.