Astronomy is all around us, and you do not have to be a student at UCL to appreciate the fascination of celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole.
If you are a student in Year 11 or below and are interested in conducting work experience with us, please complete this form by Friday 30th April 2021. If you are successful in obtaining a place we will be in contact before the end of May. Please note all placements will be virtual. It is departmental policy for any work experience placements to be offered in groups of 2 or more and not on an individual 1 to 1 basis. A minimum group size (of 3 or 4) is required and supervision between 2 members of staff at least.
The department is also taking part in In2scienceUK, which A-level students can partake in. How it works:
- Volunteer mentors and Year 12 students sign up to the programme.
- Students are shortlisted, interviewed and matched in groups of up to three to a suitable mentor.
- Mentors that are matched to a group of students receive training and guidance to deliver their virtual and in-person sessions.
- The programme runs throughout August 2021. Mentors meet with their students first through In2scienceUK’s online platform for two 45 minute sessions before hosting a one-day workplace visit (Covid-19 restrictions permitting).
- Students also have access to online research courses, skills and careers workshops and competitions run by In2scienceUK throughout the summer.
- Please make sure to complete this UCL internal form.
This is administered by the In2Science team, you can contact the departmental outreach coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Application deadline for 2020-21 is Friday 9th April. Information can be found here or by contacting Jo Maniscalco at email@example.com
Brian Duff Undergraduate Summer Research Studentships - deadline 19th April, 2021
Internship: A Source Catalogue for Differential Photometry at the UCL Observatory - deadline 15th May, 2021
Internship: A Python introduction to the Observatory: Distance to the Virgo Cluster - deadline 21st May, 2021
PhD projects and Internships opportunities
PhD projects and Internships opportunities will be advertised on UCL ROME.