Brian Duff Undergraduate Summer Research Studentships
16 March 2021
The Astrophysics group are offering three studentships to undergraduates interested in pursuing research projects over the summer.
The key aims of the studentships are to give motivated UCL P&A undergraduates the opportunity to work on a research project, gain experience developing and writing a research proposal and presenting their research to their peers.
Please state in your application if you are applying for an online-project or an on-campus project. Please note that on-campus projects may be restricted in the summer depending on governmental guidelines in response to the pandemic. Students submitting on-campus projects can also submit an alternative online-project in the same application should the on-campus projects not be possible.
Deadline for applications is Monday 19th April 2021, 9am.
General enquiries should be directed to Mrs Kay Nakum, Astro Manager (email@example.com).
- Applicants should be undergraduates in the department of Physics and Astronomy or UCL Natural Sciences undergraduates with Physics as main stream.
- The main supervisor of the project must be a current academic in the department of Physics and Astronomy.
- Students will be provided a bursary of £2000 during the studentship and are expected to work on the summer project for a total duration of 8-10 weeks.
- The student should contact the prospective supervisor ahead of time and the student and supervisor should develop the project and application together.
- Proposals should be in the form of a one-page motivation letter highlighting why the student is interested in the programme, a 1-side A4 case for support describing the proposed project, and a 1-side A4 CV of the student.
- The case for support should include the name and department of the supervisor, the name and student number of the student, name of university where student is currently attending, fee status and the proposed duration of the project.
- Deadline for applications is Monday 19th April 2021, 9am. The motivation letter, case for support and CV should be combined into one PDF document and emailed to Prof. Giovanna Tinetti (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Kay Nakum (email@example.com).
- Successful applicants will be notified in May 2021.