The Research Excellence Framework (REF) is the system for assessing the quality of research in UK higher education institutions.
Discover our research and how it impacts our society
Across several areas of expertise in arts and humanities, our research addresses the challenges that affect all of us. Take a look at our department and schools’ research:
- Institute of Advanced Studies
- Department of English
- Department of European & International Social & Political Studies
- School of European Languages, Culture and Society
- Department of Greek and Latin
- Department of Hebrew and Jewish Studies
- Department of Information Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- School of Slavonic and East European Studies
- Slade School of Fine Art
Meet our research community
Our research community is here to advance knowledge and professional practice.
A word from our Executive Dean and Vice Dean Research
Professor Stella Bruzzi talks about the impact of the Faculty's research on people's lives.
Professor Stephen Hart discusses the importance of research in the arts and humanities.