PhD supervisor: Mignon Nixon
Working title for PhD: 'Thinking Back: Artistic Returns to H.D.'
My doctoral research, supervised by Professor Mignon Nixon, examines how the writings of H.D. have been employed in artistic practice since the 1970s, primarily focusing on the work of Joan Jonas, Nancy Spero and the experimental films of Laura Mulvey & Peter Wollen. This research is fully-funded by The Wolfson Foundation. I am also the editor of a recent volume of H.D.’s writings entitled Visions and Ecstasies: Selected Essays. I hold an MA in History of Art, also from UCL, and a BA (Join Honours) in English & Drama from Queen Mary University of London. For my undergraduate results I was the recipient of five academic prizes, including the Westfield Trust Prize and the Finalists’ Prize, and I was awarded a place on the Dean’s List for my Master’s results.
- ‘Nancy Spero: I do not’, Object, 22 (2020)
- (Editor) H.D., Visions and Ecstasies: Selected Essays (David Zwirner Books, 2019)
- Review of ‘Joan Jonas: In the Trees II, Amanda Wilkinson Gallery, London, 2018’, Object, 21 (2019)
Conference papers and presentations:
- ‘Notes on H.D.’s Scrapbook’, Paratactics, UCL, 15 June 2019
- ‘World on the Brink: Joan Jonas and H.D.’, Psychoanalysis and American Art, Courtauld Institute of Art, 22-23 March 2019
- History of Art and its Objects (2019)
- 2017 Postgraduate Dean’s List, UCL
- 2016 Westfield Trust Prize, Queen Mary
- 2016 Finalists’ Prize, Queen Mary
- 2016 Written Research Prize, Queen Mary
- 2016 Practice-based Research Prize, Queen Mary
- 2015 Second-Year Prize, Queen Mary