UCL Institute of Archaeology Heritage and Museums Diversity Scholarship
18 December 2019
The UCL Institute of Archaeology is funding a heritage and museums diversity scholarship for a candidate from black and minority ethnic backgrounds as these groups are currently under-represented within the heritage sector.
The scholarship applies to candidates accepted onto one of the following graduate programmes: UCL Institute of Archaeology’s MA Museum Studies, MA Public Archaeology, MA Principles of Conservation or MA Cultural Heritage Studies. The scholarship covers course fees only for a UK/EU student.
UK-permanent residents from one of the following BME ethnic groups are eligible:
- Black (Black or Black British African, Black or Black British Caribbean, Black or Black British other or Mixed Black or Black British)
- Pakistani (Pakistani or Pakistani British, or Pakistani Mixed or Pakistani Mixed British)
- Bangladeshi (Bangladeshi or Bangladeshi British, or Bangladeshi Mixed or Bangladeshi Mixed British)
Selection will be made by a panel of UCL course tutors as well as representatives from the heritage sector who will make a decision based on the combined strength of the candidate’s academic qualifications and their personal statement regarding their commitment to the heritage sector.
The deadline for applications is 1 April.
- Further details and the scholarship application form are available here
- Any enquries about the Diversity Scholarship or Graduate Admissions may be directed to Lisa Daniel, Graduate Admissions Administrator.