The Institute of Archaeology celebrated its 75th anniversary
in 2012 and a number of events and activities were held to mark this milestone. The entire Institute of
Archaeology community, current and former staff and students, came
together to celebrate the Institute's achievements.
In June 2013 a monolith was unveiled in Gordon Square as a permanent marker of the Institute's 75 years of leading global archaeology. Read back through some of the articles and coverage of our 75th Anniversary.
- The Institute of Archaeology: The Beginning
- The Institute of Archaeology: Creating the Culture
- The Institute of Archaeology: Digging the Site
- Read Gabriel Moshenska's article for British Archaeology on the first 75 years of the Institute of Archaeology.
- View the anniversary image gallery on the BBC History Magazine website.