Institute of Orthopaedics
- Student programmes
- Research centres
- Institute History
- Contact Us
- Musculoskeletal Regeneration Steering Group (MRSG)
ROTATOR CUFF PATHOLOGY
An interview with Mr Simon Lambert BSc, FRCS, FRCS Ed (Orth)
Mr Lambert trained in shoulder and reconstructive surgery on the North West Thames orthopaedic rotation, complementing this with two Fellowships in Switzerland studying shoulder and trauma surgery. During these attachments, several papers on various aspects of shoulder and elbow surgery were published. In 1996 Mr Lambert was appointed consultant to Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, and developed a specialised shoulder reconstruction and orthopaedic trauma service. In 1998 Mr Lambert was awarded the prestigious Travelling Fellowship to North America of the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow.
Mr Lambert was appointed consultant to the Problem Shoulder Unit at the RNOH and to the staff at the Royal Free Hospital in March 2001, becoming full time consultant at the RNOH in 2003. He reviews papers for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery and the Annals of Surgery.
Current posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Clinical Lead, Shoulder and Elbow Service, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) Trust, Stanmore
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Science, UCL
Mr Lambert spoke to us about his career, with particular focus on his work on rotator cuff pathology.
If you you cannot see the Soundcloud player above then please use these direct links:
- Rehabilitation for shoulder instability (bmj.com)
- Validation of the Stanmore percentage of normal shoulder assessment (nih.gov)
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow (secec.org)
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society (bess.org.uk)
- Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (jshoulderelbow.org)
Page last modified on 28 nov 12 15:56