- Student Evaluations
- Monitoring Activities
- Teaching Awards
- Peer Observation
- MBBS Student 'No-Show' Reporting
- Raising Concerns
- Contact Us
News and Features
You said, We listened (Moodle site)
- Dr Ann Griffin (Academic Lead, Quality)
Who to contact
- Margit Lear (Interim QA Manager)
Tel: +44 (0)20 3108 9227; email@example.com
- Lauren Hammond (QA Assistant Administrator)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 0849; firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical School Quality Management and Enhancement Committee
The Medical School Quality Management & Enhancement Committee (mQMEC) is responsible for the overview of academic standards and quality assurance and enhancement processes within the Medical School and in the development of policy and practice in relation to such processes.
The mQMEC reports to the MBBS Teaching Committee, the Dean, the Faculty Undergraduate Teaching Committee of Brain Sciences, Life Sciences, Population Health Sciences and Medical Sciences.
Function of mQMEC
- To promote the development of initiatives relating to quality enhancement and the enhancement of academic standards at Faculty and Departmental levels.
- Responsible for the planning of the preparatory work involved for Internal Quality Audits of the Medical School carries out under the auspices of University College London’s Internal Quality Review procedure.
- To plan and coordinate the work of the Medical School in preparing the formal or informal visits by the education committees of the General Medical Council or other validating professional bodies.
- Promote discussion and sharing of good practice between trusts and the departments of the Medical School in relation to quality assurance and enhancement.
- To discuss and address any issues raised by the on-line student evaluation feedback.
- To monitor the activities of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and of other external bodies concerned with the assurance of quality and/or standards insofar as they impinge on the Medical School and to advise the Dean, the Education Committee and the Faculty Boards accordingly.
The Medical School’s Quality Management and Enhancement Committee (mQMEC) is chaired by Dr Ann Griffin (Academic Lead, Quality). For details of meetings, agendas and minutes, please visit the Medical School’s Committee pages: mQMEC committee documents
Meeting Dates 2014/15
Thursday 4 September 2014, 10am. Bloomsbury
Wednesday 21 January 2015, 9.30. Bloomsbury
Thursday 21 May 2015, 11am. Bloomsbury
Page last modified on 18 sep 14 13:34