Computers in Student Workrooms
We have over 20 computer workrooms across campus running the Desktop@UCL
service and these are available for use by all UCL students and staff.
Using the computers
Desktop@UCL PC is the Windows 7 desktop service available on the computers in student computer workrooms.
Getting started with Desktop@UCL
- How to log on to a Desktop@UCL PC in a computer workroom or lecture theatre
- What's on the Windows desktop?
Customising your desktop
- Changing the screen resolution on your desktop
- Changing the windows colour scheme
- Pinning Items to the Start menu on your desktop
- Searching for programs, applications & files using the Start menu search
- Using USB storage devices
- Scanning for viruses using Endpoint software
Using PDF documents
- Creating PDF Files from File Explorer
- Creating PDF files from Microsoft Word 2013
- Creating PDF files using PDF Create Assistant
- Converting PDF using PDF Converter Assistant
Printing (print@UCL service)
Using the service
- Request additional software applications for Desktop@UCL in lecture theatres & student workrooms (via Remedyforce system) - Staff only *
* Students should discuss any additional software requirements with their course leader