Cardiovascular Gene Annotation
The Cardiovascular Gene Annotation project is focused on Gene Ontology (GO) annotation of cardiovascular-relevant microRNAs and proteins and the capture of protein-protein interactions to IMEx standards. To find out more about the heart and cardiovascular system, please see the British Heart Foundation website.
contributed by this project to the GO Consortium dataset and the IMEx dataset are attributed to BHF-UCL.
The BHF-funded GO annotations have facilitated the detailed and high-quality annotation of cardiovascular-relevant genes, the impact of which is demonstrated in Alam-Faruque, 2011.
What we curate
- Proteins - GO annotations for proteins to the GO Consortium.
- microRNAs - GO annotations for microRNAs to the GO Consortium.
- Protein-Protein Interactions - Protein-protein interaction data to the IMEx Consortium.
You can contribute by
- reviewing the annotation of your favourite gene and telling us what's missing or inaccurate (or tell us if we've done a good job!)
- suggesting papers for curation
- Contact Us