- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Please read this important update.
UCL Student Welfare Week – 02-05 March 2015
Stressed about exams? Worried you’re not eating right? Losing sleep over your future career? UCL Student Welfare Week 2015 aims to help address many of these issues, and more.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Founded in 1986 to honour the name of Visiting Professor Blake Matthews, who was largely responsible for the original design of the B.Sc. Exploration Geophysics course which was begun at Queen Mary College and transferred to University College London in 1983 when the departments were merged at the College
- The Matthews Prize may be awarded in each session
and in exceptional
circumstances, may be divided.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded for overall excellence in
Geophysics or related
subjects in the Department of Earth Sciences.
- The Prize takes the form of books, instruments,
or materials to the value of
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
Professor of Geology.
- In the event of there being no candidate of
sufficient merit in any session
the Prize will not be awarded in that year.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 09:44