- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Sandy Winyard Prize for Achievement in Speech Sciences
Founded in 2003 in memory of Sandy Winyard (1950-2002). Sandy worked as a lecturer in the Department of Human Communication Science (formerly the National Hospitals College Speech Sciences) from 1983 to 1991. She was a feisty and committed member of staff who inspired many of her students to develop their clinical and professional skills to a high standard, while enjoying student life to the full
- A prize known as the Sandy Winyard Prize for achievement in speech sciences studies related to developing countries may be awarded to a suitable candidate in any academic session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the Faculty of Life Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded for excellent achievement in speech sciences studies linked to developing countries, particularly related to child development (of either a professional or an academic nature) to a student in any year of the BSc Speech Sciences degree programme.
- The annual value of the Prize may fluctuate from year to year but will be in the region of £100.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Certificate to Practise Panel of the Department of Human Communication Sciences.
- The award is announced in July.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations should it become necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the resources in the fund.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 15:20