Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Richard Murphy Memorial Prize
Founded in 2004 in memory of Richard Murphy, a Philosophy undergraduate who died in 2001
- A prize known as the Richard Murphy Memorial Prize may be
awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Arts and Humanities.
- The Prize is awarded to the student who, in the opinion
of the Head of the
Department of Philosophy, achieves the best result in their final
on the Single Honours Philosophy BA degree programme.
- In the event of a tie the prize will be divided between
- No application is necessary.
- The award is announced in July.
- The value of the prize is £50. This will be reviewed by
the Head of
Department of Philosophy every five years, with the first review
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the
resources in the
- Awards are subject to the provision of the General Regulations.