Talking to Titans
Talking to Titans is a podcast about gender equality in academia. Cathy Giangrande and Professor Gudrun Moore talk to seven women in senior roles at UCL about how they achieved complex careers, work-life balance, and survived to tell the tale.
They ask some of the big questions about diversity and inclusion, and spotlight the skills you need to fulfil your potential. How do you deal with the challenges women meet in male-dominated environments? Is finding a mentor good for wellbeing and advancement? Is it better to wait till you establish your career before you have children?
In each episode, Cathy and Gudrun sit down with a different brilliant mind from the UCL senior team, to share experiences, anecdotes, and a lot of good advice.
Talking to Titans - Series Trailer
Episode 1 - Prof Ijeoma Uchegbu
Episode 2 - Prof Sara Mole
Episode 3 - Ruth Kennedy
Read the transcript for episode 3
Episode 4 - Prof Sasha Roseneil
Read the transcript for episode 4
Episode 5 - Dame Nicola Brewer
Read the transcript for episode 5
Episode 6 - Prof Stella Bruzzi
Episode 7 - Dame Lesley Regan
Read the transcript for episode 7
About the Hosts
Cathy Giangrande is a UCL Alumna and Art Conservationist, and Gudrun Moore is a Professor of Molecular Genetics at UCL's Institute of Child Health. They are very good friends and professional co-mentors.
- Dame Dr Nicola Brewer: UCL Vice-Provost International and former UK Diplomat.
- Professor Stella Bruzzi: UCL Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Ruth Kennedy: Founder of the Louis Dundas Palliative Care Centre at Great Ormond Street Hospital and GOSH Institute of Child Health and honorary UCL Fellow 2014.
- Professor Sara Mole: UCL Gender Equality Envoy, Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology.
- Dame Professor Lesley Regan: Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Imperial College, former President of Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and honorary UCL Doctorate 2015.
- Professor Sasha Roseneil: UCL Dean of the Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences.
- Professor Ijeoma Uchegbu: UCL Envoy for Race Equality, Professor of Pharmacy, Pro-Vice Provost Africa and Middle East.
Special thanks to
Whistledown Productions Ltd - one of the leading independent audio production companies in the UK
Lauren Veevers for the artwork and Caspar Harvey for the music
Professor Michael Arthur, UCL President & Provost, for his support