Temporary worker recruitment service now with HR
23 June 2021
UCL’s new Master Vendor framework, which provides our hiring community with a single service to manage temporary recruitment at every stage of the recruitment process, has moved to HR.
The Master Vendor framework aligns UCLs preferred recruitment suppliers into one service providing a single point of contact for hiring managers and self-service access.
Unitemps continue to provide in-house temporary recruitment for all roles where you may want to recruit UCL students or Alumni, as well as direct bookings where Unitemps is the preferred approach e.g. guest lecturers.
Since launching on 12 April, all new temporary recruitment not currently handled by Unitemps has gone through the new service model and more than 280 unique workers have completed their assignments at UCL so far. The Master Vendor team have been busy with over 320 temporary vacancies and extensions being filled and managed within an average of 18 days, and they have processed almost 2,900 timesheets.
Through this new way of working we aim to deliver:
- A reduced workload and better staff experience
- Introducing a standard process and single point of contact for hiring managers will free up time spent reviewing CVs, carrying out compliance checks and negotiating fees
- The service will provide a responsive and well managed supply chain with a resource pool that meets the requirements of UCL, including in hard to fill roles
- An assigned account manager will be available for day to day queries, escalation and support
- An improved candidate experience
- Candidates will receive consistent messaging and a consistent standard of care throughout their temporary worker journey with UCL
- Through better management information we will be able to identify Long-Term Agency Workers and make sure we are performing within our ED&I commitments for our temporary workforce
- Better value for money
- Improved management information, including dashboards at organisational and departmental level, will improve the visibility of spend on agencies and workers and will support strategic planning
- One contract with one set of terms and standardised fees will help to reduce costs
- Commission rates that are competitive but consistent as well as improved rate card compliance will help control spending
How to hire temporary workers
Visit our SharePoint site for training materials and more about the new process