Supporting Business Partnering at UCL
30 July 2021
We’re supporting leadership and business partners to design and embed a business partnering model across the university that will help us develop and carry out UCL’s strategic plan for 2022-27.
Through the Business Partnering Review we will:
- Provide a clear career pathway for Business Partners, help them to develop their skills through opportunities for professional development, and equip and empower them to use their skills and experience to support their service.
- Clarify and strengthen the relationships between service providers and clients to enable greater collaboration across functions and services to provide a joined up, future focused service aligned to the needs of the university.
- Provide a refreshed business partner operating model that is clearly understood and appropriately resourced, managed and organized across UCL
- Develop an empowered and equipped specialist resource pool able to adapt as services and strategic priorities change.
Since December 2020 we've been supporting Directors of Operations (DoOs), Deans, Heads of Business Partnering and Business Partners across UCL to review our approach to the service in three phases.
- In the discovery phase we identified issues in our current Business Partnering model and consider the impact these could have on the service, explored what an ideal service could look like, and agreed on three recommendations around which to develop the service: Operating model, Capability, and Culture.
- We then supported the design of a fit for purpose and future proof business partnering operating model that will enable the effective and efficient delivery of UCL wide and faculty objectives.
- And we’re now supporting the Directors of Business Partnering across the four core functions to develop implementation plans to put in place both the operating model and build capability within the services.