New service for hiring temporary workers now live
12 April 2021
From 12 April, temporary staff should be hired through our new Master Vendor service, delivered in partnership with Guidant Global
We have been working closely with HR, Procurement, Legal and colleagues from across UCL to improve the way we hire temporary staff by introducing a single, lead recruitment agency.
This Master Vendor (Guidant Global) acts as a single point of contact for hiring managers at UCL and manages the recruitment of temporary staff from the various recruitment agencies on our preferred supplier list. Unitemps will continue to provide in-house temporary recruitment for all roles where you may want to recruit UCL students or Alumni, as well as direct bookings where Unitemps is the preferred approach e.g. guest lecturers.
The Master Vendor now manages every stage of the recruitment process including: advertising and sourcing candidates (either directly or through our preferred supplier list); shortlisting CVs; carrying out compliance and Right to Work checks; working with UCL to on-board new workers; and managing relationships with and supporting temporary staff.
By introducing this new way of working we aim to deliver:
- A reduced workload and better staff experience
- Introducing a standard process and single point of contact for hiring managers will free up time spent reviewing CVs, carrying out compliance checks and negotiating fees
- The service will provide a responsive and well managed supply chain with a resource pool that meets the requirements of UCL, including in hard to fill roles
- An assigned account manager will be available for day to day queries, escalation and support
- An improved candidate experience
- Candidates will receive consistent messaging and a consistent standard of care throughout their temporary worker journey with UCL
- Through better management information we will be able to identify Long-Term Agency Workers and make sure we are performing within our ED&I commitments for our temporary workforce
- Better value for money
- Improved management information, including dashboards at organisational and departmental level, will improve the visibility of spend on agencies and workers and will support strategic planning
- One contract with one set of terms and standardised fees will help to reduce costs
- Commission rates that are competitive but consistent as well as improved rate card compliance will help control spending
How to hire temporary workers
Please see our SharePoint site for training materials and further detail about the new process