Each Faculty or Professional Service Division has been allocated a Sustainability Business Partner from the Sustainable UCL team to support them in embedding sustainability into their area of work.
UCL has committed to ambitious sustainability commitments, including becoming a net zero carbon institute by 2030 and providing sustainability education for all students by 2024. You can read UCL’s Sustainability Strategy: Change Possible here. We need the support of all departments, staff and students to deliver on these commitments, positioning UCL as a global sustainability leader.
To support this work, each Faculty or Professional Service Division will be allocated a Sustainability Business Partner (a member of staff) from Sustainable UCL to support them in embedding sustainability into the core of what they do. This partner will act as a conduit, putting faculties, departments and their associated Green Champions in touch with the relevant people across UCL to enable them to enhance sustainability. They will be able to provide technical advice around sustainability issues and can help with the development of departmental or faculty Sustainability Plans.
What can you expect from your Sustainability Business Partner?
- To attend a faculty/divisional meeting every 6 months to provide updates on faculty/division sustainability performance.
- To provide updates on current initiatives and developments relating to the sustainability agenda at UCL.
- To report back to Sustainable UCL any specific requests / recommendations put forward. Report back to the sustainability team on any raised by the department.
- Support Lead Green Champion to respond to sustainability related questions, put them in contact with relevant team members e.g. Energy Manager for energy queries, Sustainability Communications Officer for support with Green Impact and Sustainability Labs Adviser for LEAF.
- Support the Faculty and its departments to create a Sustainability Plan including one workshop per department and or faculty.
- Work with departments to provide and refine sustainability reports for their department.