|Phone (external)||+44 20 31083248|
|Themes||Multivariate and High Dimensional Data, General Theory and Methodology|
2012 – present Lecturer (Assistant Professor), University College London, London, UK 2011 – 2012 Research Immersion Fellow, The Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada
- 2008 – 2011 Project Leader in the Institute for Advanced, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Muenchen, Germany
- 2006 – 2008 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Technische Universitaet Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- 2004 – 2006 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- 2004 PhD in Mathematics (Probability Theory), School of Mathematics, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
Probability Theory; Statistical Mechanics; Optimal Transport Methods in Probability Theory, Physics and Finance; Gradient Interface Models; Reinforced Random Walks; Multiscale Models
- C. Cotar, G. Friesecke and C. Klueppelberg, Density functional theory and optimal transport with Coulomb cost, to appear in Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics.
- C. Cotar, A. Collevecchio and M. LiCalzi, On a preferential attachment and generalized Polya 's urn model, to appear in Annals of Applied Probability.
- C. Cotar and C. Kuelske, Existence of random gradient states', Annals of Applied Probability, 22, 5, 1650-1692, 2012.
- C. Cotar and J-D Deuschel, Decay of covariances, uniqueness of ergodic component and scaling limit for a class of gradient systems with non-convex potential, Annales de l' Institut Henri Poincare, 48, 3, 819-853, 2012.
- C. Cotar, J-D Deuschel and S. Mueller, Strict convexity of the free energy for a class of non-convex gradient models, Communications in Mathematical Physics 286, 1, 359-376, 2009.
- C. Cotar and V. Limic, On time until attraction for reinforced random walks’, Annals of Applied Probability, 19, 5, 1972-2007, 2009.