|Phone (external)||+44(0)20 3108 3243|
|Themes||Biostatistics, and General Theory and Methodology|
Ardo is an Associate Professor in Statistics at the Department of Statistical Science, UCL. He studied mathematics and philosophy at the University of Nijmegen and completed a PhD in social statistics at the University of Utrecht in 2004. Previously he worked in the MRC Biostatistic Unit, Cambridge.
Longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, multi-state models, change-point models, item response models
- Van den Hout A, Muniz-Terrera G (2019). Hidden three-state survival model for bivariate longitudinal count data. Lifetime Data Analysis 25, 529-545.
- Machado RM, Van den Hout A (2018). Flexible multistate models for interval-censored data: Specification, estimation, and an application to ageing research. Statistics in Medicine 37, 1636-1649.
- Van den Hout A (2017). Multi-State Survival Models for Interval-Censored Data, CRC/Chapman & Hall
- Van den Hout A, Muniz-Terrera G (2016). Joint models for discrete longitudinal outcomes in ageing research. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C (Applied Statistics) 65, 167-186.
- Van den Hout A, Fox J-P, Muniz-Terrera G (2015). Longitudinal mixed-effects models for latent cognitive function. Statistical Modelling 15, 366-387.