Add voluntary contributions to my pension

You can pay Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) into your scheme on top of your normal contribution. This task details how you can do this.

Before you start

You will need to know which pension scheme you belong to. To find out, you can either check your payslip or email pensions@ucl.ac.uk.

You will receive tax relief on AVCs at the same rate as your standard scheme contributions.

Follow the links below for more information on AVC options relevant to your scheme.

Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS)

Superannuation Arrangements of the University of London (SAUL)

National Health Service Pension Scheme (NHSPS)

MRC Pension Scheme 

National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)

Civil Service Pension Scheme