Book a place
This one-day CPD course for dental surgeons is designed to further your understanding of soft-tissue management for dental implants.
The course is run by the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London.
This course aims to give you a comprehensive understanding of soft tissue management and soft tissue grafts. This will include the understanding of:
- the key features of soft tissue implant interface
- rationale, indication and techniques for soft tissue graft for dental implants especially in the aesthetic zone
Course content and structure
The following areas will be covered:
- rationale of grafting and the techniques available
- biological and clinical principles of autografts (free gingival or connective tissue) or xenografts and to be able to carry this out in clinical practice
The day is split into:
- morning lectures covering the background and biological and clinical concepts
- hands-on practical in the afternoon (practical aspects involve working on a pig-jaw and biomaterials)
Who this course is for
This course is for dental surgeons at any stage of their career.
You must hold an approved dental qualification.
By the end of the course you should feel confident in managing soft tissue procedures including the:
- influence of soft tissue on the outcome of implant success and patient satisfaction
- importance of treatment planning and risk factors
- rationale and techniques beyond that of simply placing a functional restoration in an endentulous site
CPD points and certificate
The course will give you 6.5 hours of verifiable CPD. You'll also get a certificate of attendance.
The fee is £450.
All Eastman teachers are experienced professionals. You'll be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Please read the Eastman's refund policy before booking.
Safa completed her Master's in Clinical Dentistry in Prosthodontics at Cardiff University with distinction in 2014. She then gained Membership in Prosthodontics Diploma from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. She's been recognised by General Dental Council as a Specialist in Prosthodontics following her extensive speciality training and experience in managing complex restorative cases.
Safa was a part-time Clinical Lecturer at Cardiff Dental School from 2014 till 2018 where she taught postgraduate dentists on the Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) and Implantology Master's courses. She was responsible for didactic and clinical teaching in advanced restorative and implant dentistry to dentists undergoing specialist training for the Membership in Restorative Dentistry Diploma. At Cardiff University, Safa was also involved in a few research projects in the field of tissue regeneration.
Dr Shiehfung Tay
Shiehfung completed her MFDS qualification at the Royal College of Surgeons (England) before starting her three-year full-time specialist training focusing on periodontology and implant dentistry at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute. She was awarded a distinction for her Master's in Clinical Dentistry and a Certificate in Periodontology by the European Federation of Periodontology.
Shiehfung is currently a General Dental Council-registered specialist in periodontics and works mainly in private practice. She's also a teacher at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute for CPD and a part-time clinical research associate, contributing to the fields of academia and science.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 30 Nov 2022, 16:00