Book a place
This is a one-day, practical course for dentists on anterior veneers, crowns and aesthetic tooth replacement.
The course provides an overview and updates on popular combination prostheses in the aesthetic zone.
You'll learn about step-by-step clinical procedures and restorative materials. You'll also receive a handout with step-by-step instructions and a material collection list for use in your practice.
This course is run by the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London which has a broad range of continuing professional development (CPD) short courses. These provide hands-on training from experienced staff in dedicated facilities.
You'll learn about:
- the 7-step technique of preparations designs for aesthetic and stress resistant anterior veneers, crowns and bridge abutments
- current high performance ceramic and composite materials
- the chair side aesthetic Maryland technique for direct temporisation following the extraction of a front tooth
- how best to bond and protect the vitality of the teeth
Who this course is for
The course is aimed at dentists at any stage of their career.
You may be:
- an established dentist wanting to refresh your knowledge and skills in new techniques
- a young dentist wanting to build your abilities
You must hold an approved dental qualification.
By the end of the course you should:
- understand popular prostheses combinations in the anterior zone
- be able to equip your practice with user friendly and evidence based aesthetic procedures
- have a broad knowledge of current restorative materials
CPD points and certificate
The course will give you 6.5 hours of verifiable CPD. You'll also get a certificate of attendance.
Structure and teaching
You'll learn through a combination of:
- 50% interactive, evidence-based seminars using clinical videos
- 50% hands-on training in the skills-laboratory
There'll be a small student-to-instructor ratio to ensure support during hands-on practice.
All Eastman teachers are experienced professionals. You'll be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Please read the Eastman's refunds policy before booking.
Dr Konstantina Dina Dedi
Konstantina is the Director of Aesthetic Dentistry Programmes and a Principal Clinical Teaching Fellow at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute. Here she teaches postgraduates in the fields of prosthodontics, aesthetic and implant dentistry. She was awarded a Specialty Degree in Prosthodontics (Fixed, Removable and Implant Prosthodontics) in 1997 from the University of Missouri- Kansas City.
Prior to her current appointment, she taught for nine years at the University of North Carolina USA as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Prosthodontics, Removable Clinics Director and also as director of the ITI Implant Prosthodontic Scholarship Program. She’s presented numerous lectures and continuing education courses in USA, Europe and the Middle East on anterior aesthetics and immediate loading of dental implants.
In 2002 she was awarded the prestigious “Diplomate” status from the American Board of Prosthodontics. (Only recipients of this award are eligible to become Programme Directors in Prosthodontic Specialty training Programmes in American Universities). In 2007 she was presented with an Honorary Visiting Professorship from the State Medical and Pharmaceutical University “Nicolae Testemitsanu” of the Republic of Moldova. She’s been elected a Fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI) and the American College of Prosthodontics (ACP), one of only a few dentists in the UK to have this award.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 11 May 2021, 14:17