Safe use of x-rays training
The safe use of x-rays training course is designed for all staff using or intending to use x-rays equipment at UCL.
This eLearning course will provide you with a basic introduction to x-rays and enable you to use them safely. It also outlines what you have to do before you can start working with x-rays.
All safety instructor-led training courses are delivered by our team of safety experts.
This course will provide x-ray users with an understanding of:
- The basic principles of what x-rays are, how they work, their energies, relevant units, interactions with matter and their biological effects
- It outlines the principles for the safe use of x-rays at UCL
- It explains roles and responsibilities
- The considerations before use, risk assessment, doses and dose limits, dosimetry, local procedures, dose monitoring, incidents
- The management of x-rays safely and within the law at UCL
- The design considerations, setting up x-ray areas /equipment, consultation with competent radiation advisers, maintenance and disposal and local training requirements for users
All staff using or intending to use x-rays equipment at UCL should take this eLearning course.
Training courses are free to UCL staff however your Department will be charged £50 if you fail to attend when booked on a course. Non-attendance at first aid courses will incur a higher non-attendance fee.
If you have not received your confirmation notification from the MyHR Mailer please contact Safety Services on 020 3108 8592 or email to email@example.com.
Places to external delegates are only offered if there is spare capacity on an instructor-led course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list stating the course title and date you wish to join.
Last updated: Friday, June 11, 2021