Terms of Reference of UCL Space Domain
- Promote UCL as a major Space University.
- Facilitate and encourage communication, collaboration, cooperation, discussion and debate within UCL and beyond in space-related issues, particularly those of an interdisciplinary nature.
- Create interdisciplinary opportunities across UCL, encouraging, enabling and supporting proposals to funding bodies to increase grant capture across various scales and enhance collaborative research output.
- Encourage and enable Space related Enterprise through UCL’s enterprise landscape, develop and exploit space-related IP.
- Identify, articulate and communicate the achievements and activity in research, teaching and enterprise taking place at UCL, supporting the case for further UCL investment in space-based research.
- Encourage and support interdisciplinary education and CPD in matters related to space. This includes enrichment of the work environment for researchers engaged in space-related research to assist in generating high quality research and scholarship.
- Interface with and support the enhancement of UCL’s teaching and learning provision across Space, and contribute to students’ awareness, experience and involvement.
- Collaborate, through UCL Culture, with UCL’s museums and collections and amplify their engagement in cross-disciplinary space related research, outreach and education activities.
- Provide and access a conducive channel through which the outside world, particularly London, can see and engage with UCL’s excellent and innovative activity.
- Add value to UCL’s global engagement strategy including international collaborations and “anchor partner” institutions.
Join the UCL Space Domain
If you are a member of UCL research staff and would like to join the UCL Space Domain community, simply select the UCL IRIS Space Domain theme when you complete/update your IRIS profile.