Virtual Microbiology@UCL Symposium 2020
28th and 29th July 2020 (9.00-12.30 BST)
We held our first Virtual Microbiology@UCL Symposium on 28th and 29th of July. Virtual sessions via Microsoft Teams included research talks, e-posters, Q&A with presenters, and prizes for the best ECR talk and poster.
Thank you to our speakers, presenters, organisers, sponsors, and over 200 attendeees for making the event a success.
Congratulations to ECR Talk and e-Poster Award winners, sponsored by Microbiology Society and New England BioLabs:
Gabriel Tarrason Risa Talk Title: Archaeal roots of eukaryotic cell cycle control
Eva Lymberopoulos e-Poster Title: Using topological data analysis to investigate the relationship between population gut microbiome and Parkinson's Disease
Winners received an annual membership to Microbiology Society and an Amazon voucher.
- Serge Mostowy (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine)
- Liz Sockett (University of Nottingham)
- Rotem Sorek (Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Kristine Arnvig (UCL Division of Biosciences)
- Jürg Bähler (UCL Division Biosciences)
- Lucy van Dorp (UCL Division of Biosciences)
- Mark Marsh (MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology)
- Jason Mercer (MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology)
- Eleni Nastouli (UCLH and GOS Institute of Child Health)
- Christine Orengo (UCL Division of Biosciences)
- Dave Spratt (Eastman Dental Institute)
Stay tuned for more webinars and online workshops coming soon.
If you are interested in speaking at a webinar or have an idea for an event, please get in touch.