There are many different types of activity or transactions that comprise or facilitate research.
Often the nature of the activity or transaction will require a certain type of agreement/ documentation in order to record and govern that transaction or activity.
In some cases, multiple agreements may be required to support a single research project or programme of research.
Example agreement/transaction types
Some example agreement and transaction types are set out for reference below, but please note that some terms/descriptions can be used differently by other organisation, and this list is not exhaustive or exclusive.
We strongly advise speaking with your allocated representative from the Contract Services team in order to seek advice on the most appropriate form and content of agreement to support your planned research activity.
- Amendments/Amending Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements
- Consortium Agreements (multiparty collaboration agreements)
- Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDAs) or Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Data Access/Data Sharing Agreements
- Equipment Loan Agreements
- Facilities Access Agreements
- Framework Agreements
- Heads of Terms (HoTs)
- Material Transfer Agreements
- Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs)
- Novation Agreements
- Secondment Agreements or Visiting Research/Student Agreements
- Services Agreements
- Software or Database Licence Agreements
- Studentship Agreements
- Subcontracts/Sub-Award Agreements
- Termination Agreements