Ask the Experts: Legal and Constitutional Implications of Brexit
13 June 2017, 5:30 pm–8:00 pm
Gustave Tuck LT, Wilkins Building, UCL
One year on from the Referendum and following the triggering of Article 50, is the landscape now clearer or are there more questions than ever? What more is known about the negotiations process? Is the UK system of government up to the job? And as the countdown to Brexit gets underway, what are the longer-term implications for the UK?
UCL and the House of Commons Library are holding a joint 'ask the experts' question time event to provide answers to key questions arising from the Brexit process.
Come along to pose your question and discuss the legal and constitutional implications of Brexit, the forthcoming negotiations, and beyond.
Our expert panel includes:
- Prof Meg Russell, Director of the Constitution Unit, UCL (chair)
- Arabella Lang, Treaty specialist, House of Commons Library
- Christine Reh, Reader in European Politics, UCL
- Jack Simson Caird, Constitutional Law specialist, House of Commons Library
- Ronan McCrea, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Laws, UCL
- Vaughne Miller, Head of International Affairs and Defence and EU law specialist, House of Commons Library
Doors open at 5.30, and the event will be followed by a networking reception.
Keep up with the event on Twitter using #beyondbrexit