Medical Review Form
Decisions about antipsychotic medication
Decisions about medication are complicated. Medications affect people in different ways. Here are some of the factors you may want to consider if you are taking antipsychotic medication.
Why use the form? (Aims)
- To express your views and opinions about your medication.
- Highlight your views about your medication to your psychiatrist.
- To be more involved in discussions and decisions about your medication.
- To feel more empowered and in control of your medication.
- Take the form into your CPA to highlight your positive views and concerns about your medication.
Antipsychotics are drugs that are mainly intended to treat people with psychotic symptoms. They are also called ‘neuroleptics’ and sometimes they are called ‘major tranquilisers’. These can be taken as tablets or as a depot (injection). If you would like further information about antipsychotic drugs go to: