The department regularly hosts invited talks. These normally take place fortnightly on Wednesday afternoons, starting at 15.00 and finishing around 16.00.
If you would like to be informed of up-coming talks and other linguistics events at UCL, please subscribe to the linguistics events mailing list.
For enquiries, please contact Richard Jardine.
Search here resultssearch-total-matching6search-total-matching
- DCAL Invited Speaker - Gerardo Ortega | UCL Psychology and Language Sciences - UCL - London's Global University
- Linguistics Seminar Series - Nicole Gotzner | UCL Psychology and Language Sciences - UCL - London's Global University
- *CANCELLED* - Graduate Seminar Series on Pragmatics - Robyn Carston | UCL Psychology and Language Sciences - UCL - London's Global University
- Linguistics Seminar Series - Paolo Acquaviva | UCL Psychology and Language Sciences - UCL - London's Global University
- Graduate Seminar Series on Pragmatics - Workshop | UCL Psychology and Language Sciences - UCL - London's Global University
- Linguistics Seminar - Ellen Lau | UCL Psychology and Language Sciences - UCL - London's Global University
Other Linguistics Events
|LingLunch provides an opportunity for staff, students, and visitors to present work in progress or practice talks in a friendly atmosphere. Normally every other week on Wednesday afternoons during term time.|
|Syntax Reading Group||The Syntax Reading Group normally meet on Wednesday afternoons during term time|
|Graduate Seminar Series on Pragmatics||The Pragmatics Graduate Seminars are normally on Wednesday afternoons during term time|
|Phonology Reading Group||The Phonology Reading Group normally meet every other Tuesday afternoon during term time|
|London Phonology Seminar||The London Phonology Seminar is attended by staff and graduate students from several institutes in the London area, mainly UCL and SOAS, as well as by international visitors. Meetings take place fortnightly during term time, and occasionally outside of term.|
|Advanced Core Training in Linguistics (ACTL)||ACTL is a graduate school in theoretical linguistics. We organise and coordinate a generic training program for PhD students in Linguistics.|
|Semantics Research Seminar||This seminar is a PhD-level research seminar course on the intersection of natural language semantics and philosophy of language. It meets weekly during Term 2 at UCL. This seminar is supported by the LAHP Interdisciplinary and X-Institutional Training Fund. The main target audience of the seminar is PhD students, as well as staff, interested in linguistics, philosophy of language and related areas who are based at the partner institutions of the London Arts & Humanities Partnership (LAHP), including the Associate Members (Queen Mary University of London and London School of Economics). It is also open to advanced MA students.|