The Joint Academic Programme is a unique collaboration between Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust and the UCL Institute of Mental Health
The programme provides ongoing post-graduate medical education and continuing professional development to doctors at all levels of training, from medical student through to doctors undertaking specialist training in psychiatry and general practice, and consultant psychiatrists. The programme takes place every Wednesday from 2pm-5pm. The programme alternates between St Pancras site and Highgate site every 6 months:
St Pancras: Nov - April
The programme is sent out by Iris Geisheimer when the venue is Highgate Mental Health Centre and Natalie Boateng when the venue is St Pancras Hospital.
The programme uses a range of learning formats including scientific lectures, clinical academic seminars, grand round case presentations and journal clubs.
The Joint Academic Teaching Programme is organised by the Joint Teaching Programme Committee who are currently:
- Dr Ruth Allen, Director of Medical Education and Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Michael Bloomfield, UCL Excellence Senior Clinical Research Fellow and Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Stefania Bonaccorso, Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Stephen Ginn, Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Petros Lekkos, Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Julia Summerfield, Consultant Psychiatrist
More information on journal club presentations will be available soon.