UCL Institute of Mental Health Launch
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, 16 July 2019
UCL Institute of Mental Health invite you to join us for the official launch on 16 July 2019
This event is free.
Jeremy Bentham RoomWilkins Main BuildingGower StreetLondonWC1E 6BTUnited Kingdom
Distinguished academic speakers will showcase the range of current research in mental health at UCL along with discussion of the challenges for the new Institute. Finally, we are pleased to announce that Nathan Filer, author of The Shock of the Fall and The Heartland: Finding and Losing Schizophrenia will be in conversation with Institute Director Prof Tony David as part of the programme.
This event is open to UCL staff and students as well as clinicians and the wider mental health community.
3pm - Welcome address by Prof Alan Thompson
Talks and Q&A
- Prof Ludvic Zrinzo: Neurosurgery for intractable psychiatric disorders: ethics and evidence
- Sir Michael Marmot: Social Inequalities and Mental Health
- Prof Sonia Johnson: Social Psychiatry and evidence-based policy
- Prof Essi Viding: Development of psychopathology - How can neurocognitive research improve our understanding of environmental risk?
- Dr Daisy Fancourt: Social, Cultural & Community Engagement and Mental Health
4.20pm - Panel discussion on the "Challenges for a successful Institute of Mental Health." with: Sir Robin Murray, Prof Peter Fonagy, Dr Lasana Harris, Prof Gill Livingstone. Including audience discussion.
4.40pm - Author Nathan Filer in conversation with Institute Director, Prof Tony David.
5pm - Reception