Become an affiliated member with UCL Institute of Mental Health
Following a UCL-wide research audit in 2019, The Institute of Mental Health (IoMH) has identified around 800 researchers working in mental health across the UCL community, which demonstrates that mental health is a key research topic at UCL.
The IoMH would like to bring this community together, by building a network of researchers from a wide range of disciplines. You are now invited to sign up for the IoMH affiliation scheme *.
The IoMH affiliation scheme offers greater opportunities for mental health researchers to collaborate, share ideas and promote their work, with the ultimate goal of improving the understanding of mental health and its disorders and improving the lives of those affected.
Benefits of affiliation include:
- Researcher profile included on the IoMH directory of current researchers in mental health at UCL
- Research facilitation service, led by the IoMH Research Coordinator
- IoMH small grants scheme for affiliates
- Circulation of information on research funding opportunities
- Greater promotion of research via news articles and blogs on the IoMH website/social media
- Inclusion in and support for special interest groups
- Early bird discounted tickets to the annual IoMH International Conference and other events
*Affiliation to the IoMH does not in any way replace existing Division/Institution/Trust affiliations, but instead enhances them and highlights that you are working in this key area of study.
To become an affiliated member of the IoMH, you must be:
- UCL staff or PhD student, or clinical staff with UCL honorary or associate staff status
- Working in mental health research, in any level of involvement or activity
If you don’t meet the criteria for affiliation but are interested in mental health research at UCL, you can sign up to our mailing list for the latest news and events.
Register for affiliation
You can sign up to be an affiliated member via our online form.
If you have any questions or queries about affiliation, please contact Maria Thomas, IoMH Administrator and Communications Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org