The department brings together academics from a wide range of disciplines to approach major healthcare challenges from a multidisciplinary perspective. Our academics are the leaders in their chosen fields, and have an excellent track record of working with industry to develop new technologies and methods for diagnosing, treating and managing medical conditions and diseases.
We work with SMEs, major teaching hospitals and large multinationals, have extensive experience of commercialising ideas and bringing them to market, and play a key role in the UK innovation landscape.
Engage with us
- Work with our academics and researchers to provide consultancy for your company
- Talk to us about bespoke CPD courses
- Sponsor student projects and scholarships
- Take part in employability skills sessions, including mock interviews and guest lectures
- Recruit students for internships, part time jobs, placements and graduate jobs
- Meet our students and help judge project pitches and demonstrations
- Provide projects and challenges for our industry scenario weeks
- Help us ensure our students graduate with industry-relevant skills
- Support our outreach and engagement programme
For enquiries about student recruitment and employability skills sessions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquiries contact email@example.com
Gowerlabs is a spinout company from the department, incorporated in 2013, which specialises in bespoke optical imaging systems for the research community, successfully developing, manufacturing and selling functional near-infrared spectroscopy technologies in a range of markets and territories. Its non-invasive near-infrared imaging device, the NTS Optical Imaging System, was created by an expert team of engineers and physicists at UCL’s Biomedical Optics Research Laboratory (BORL), the largest research group of its kind in Europe.